Use this modulator to distribute any HDMI source using your existing aerial distribution system. This device takes an input from a satellite receiver, camera, DVR, DVD or Blu Ray player and converts that signal into a full HD 1080p Freeview channel. You can connect the device directly to a Freeview HDTV, or to your existing aerial amplifier for distribution to several TVs throughout the building using the existing infrastructure.
The modulator produces a Freeview HD channel just like any you might receive from your aerial. Simply tune your TVs to receive this new channel. More than one modulator can be cascaded if you have more than one source and each one will have its own Freeview channel. You can rename the channel and quickly configure the different modulators with different data allowing them to be used together in one system without interfering with each other. Up to 50 configurations are built into each modulator making configuration fast and simple.
This modulator produces a DVB-T output with video encoded using MPEG4. It is directly compatible with all UK Freeview HD TVs and with many recent Freeview TVs. Check the instruction book or the internet to find out if your TV has the necessary MPEG4 video encoding. If not, or if one or more of your TVs does not receive Freeview at all, there are several low cost Freeview HD set top boxes available that will allow you to receive the Freeview channel from this modulator and display it on your TV, (along with all the other Freeview HD channels available in your area as a bonus if you connect an external aerial). If you are unsure about a particular model of TV, please contact us.
The modulator is set to channel 43 by default. To make sure you do not get interference, check the Freeview coverage for your area using https://ukfree.tv/prediction and typing in your postcode. Then select the "TV Technical" option at the top of the results page to see the channels in use in your area. The channel to use on your modulator should not be the same as any of those listed in your area. If Channel 43 is listed, simply select a different channel number and "Save" as described in the user manual.
Remote control of several sources is possible by using the TVLink Mini Eye in conjunction with the TVLink Plus, or similar, as shown in one of the diagrams above. This will enable you to control your DVD player, Sky box etc from one or more of the remote TVs. See the related products on the right for further details.
For a copy of the User Manual and other pdfs, click the Documents tab above.
- HDMI to DVB-T modulator
- UK Power Supply
- Instruction Book
- Digital HDMI Modulator single-channel DVB-T VHF/UHF, with FAST PRE-CONFIG function (50 IDs Selectable) plus CONFIG DATA function (USB extract, easy upload to Modulator)
- INPUT signal: HDMI
- OUTPUT signal: Up to FULL HIGH DEFINITION (1080i, up to 1080p@30FPS), Digital Terrestrial DVB-T signal, MPEG4
- Aspect Ratio 16:9 wide screen, 4:3 letter box, 4:3 pan scan
- Frequency Range VHF (CH. 5-12) & UHF (CH. 21-69)
- RF Output Level: Factory default 90 dbμV, with adjustable gain up to +6dbμV or attenuation up to -14dbμV
- MER: >35dB at Maximum RF output level
- Symbol Rate Up to 31.668 MBPS
- Bandwidth 7MHZ, 8MHZ
- Video Encoder MPEG1, MPEG2 MP@HL , MPEG4 SP@L3 to ASP@L5, MPEG4 AVC HP @level4.1, MP@level4.1
- Audio encoder MPEGI L1/2, MPEGII LII, AAC LC, HE-AAC v1/v2 (2-CH)
- Processor System: CPU 200MHz 32Bits RISC
- Memory DDRII 16bit 512Mbits (Embedded) & NOR Flash 32Mbit
- Input HDMI v1.4a
- USB Type USB 2.0 HOST, Fat32 support
- 4-digit LED display
- Power supply unit type: Adapter Input:100~240V AC,Output:DC 5V/2.0A
- Power consumption in normal working mode: 10W maximum
- Dimensions: 147x105x28 mm
- Colour: Black
- Warranty: Two  years